Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Youtube Tech Tip

Seth Green Loves to Decorate with Googly Eyes 
So, for my tech tip this week, I learned how to embed Youtube videos. The above video gave me a great laugh, I hope it does the same for you!

Also, I absolutely LOVE dance.. all kinds of dance. As such, I decided to share a type of dance that I learned about that got me interested in Indian culture, religion, and arts. The dance shown in the video below is calla Bharatanatyam. It is a traditional Indian dance that represents the coming together of expression, rhythm of the beat, music and dance to embody the movements of fire. It is definitely different than what most Westerners think of when they think of dance, but it is impressive and beautiful.The video is short, but I thought it might be of interest to others. Enjoy!

Bharatanatyam- Traditional Indian Dance Performed by an Accomplished Dancer

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thank you so much for sharing a music and dance video. The "Bharata" in the name of the dance is a person's name, the author of an ancient text about dancing (you will meet a character named Bharata in the Ramayana, too, who is one of Rama's brothers), and then Natyam means dance, just as Shiva is Nata Raja, Lord (Raja) of the Dance (Nata).
    There's a whole article about Shiva as Nataraja at Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataraja
    :-)

    ReplyDelete