Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 1: My Favorite Places

London, England
The summer after my freshman year of high school, my great aunt took me to London and Paris to broaden my horizons and help me practice the french I had been learning. As soon as I stepped foot in London, I was in love. The weather was cool and cloudy, the people were friendly and polite (overall), and the architecture was so beautiful! I spent 7 days taking pictures almost exclusively of architecture.
London Bridge, my photo, taken on a boat on the side of the river

Buckingham Palace and Big Ben, my photo, taken on the street by the London Eye

Disney World- Lake Buena Vista, Florida
This was the only place where my family went that my dad did not want to come home from. Usually by the end of the trip, he was ready to leave; not with Disney World. He asked if we wanted to stay 3 more nights and we all had so much fun. We laughed, and rode amazing rides. We took silly pictures and did not stress or worry. We just had a great time!

Cinderella's Castle photographed by Scott of funwithdisney.com 
Found on Wikipedia
Tree of Life photographed at Disney World by Kadreese (2013)
Found on Wikipedia


G. W. Animal Park- Wynnewood, Oklahoma
I know it's not far away, but this park has helped me create the most amazing memories with my family, boyfriend, and roommate/best friend. I had the best 21st birthday ever there this summer and got to interact with so many animals including my favorite animal of all time, a baby tiger! It was so amazing and every time I go back, i'm filled with joy again.

My mom, myself, my younger brother, my boyfriend, my mom's boyfriend, my roomie and best friend
My photo taken in May of 2014 at the Gerald Wayne Animal Park

Me getting kisses from a pony at the G.W. Animal Park, summer of 2014

Me having one-on-one time with a baby tiger for my 21st birthday at the G.W. Animal Park

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about that tiger from your Introduction post, Bria! (as you can see, I am reading things backwards in time here)... I am so glad you included that picture here! Fabulous! There are some GREAT tigers in the Indian storytelling tradition... and it is especially associated with Shiva who is often shown wearing a tiger skin. Here's a story about that:
    http://www.hindu-blog.com/2010/11/why-hindu-god-shiva-sits-on-tiger-skin.html
    It's looking like Shiva really is a god for you to keep an eye on! :-)

    ReplyDelete