Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 15 Writing Post

* What did you like best about the writing for this class? What would you like to see more of?

  •  I LOVED the storytelling assignments. It was a fun way to make sure we read and give us an opportunity to show our creativity. As for what I would like to see more of, i'm not sure. I also really liked the Famous Last Words because it let me tell about my life and what has been going on each week. Maybe a few more personal post type assignments would be nice in replacement of others or for bonus points. 

* Did you choose the Storybook or the Portfolio? Are you happy with your choice? What information should I emphasize to next semester's students when they make that choice?

  •  I chose the Storybook and i'm glad I did. A lot of my storytelling assignments often ended with little room for further expansion, so the Storybook allowed me to write new stories that all related to my reading but left lots of room for my own twists and changes. I don't know that you need to emphasize anything. Your explanations of the assignments were easy to understand and going into my choice of Storybook or Portfolio I felt well-informed and able to make a decision.

* Do you have suggestions for the commenting process: suggestions about commenting on blog posts? suggestions about comments on Storybooks/Portfolios?

  • No, I like how the commenting process is structured.  

* What kinds of comments did you find most useful as you working on your Storybook/Portfolio?

  •  Comments that pointed out things I did well/right as well as things I could/should change. It is nice to be told what you're doing right so that I can stay on that track and continue to do well. 

* Do you think this class helped you to improve your writing?

  •  Absolutely! The comments and revisions have been a HUGE help. 

* What kind of writing do you see yourself doing in your future career? Will writing be important in that career?

  •  I have always enjoyed writing stories and poetry so I think I will continue to do that. Writing helps me work things out that i'm thinking about and allows me to express my creativity. Writing will be important in my career as a social worker because we have to document EVERYTHING. We have to write reports, keep track of records, write grants, etc. so being able to write efficiently and well is important. Thankfully, handwriting does not have to be done well because computers are awesome, so writing matters but HANDwriting does not.

* As you look back on your writing this semester, what advice do you have for students who will be getting started next semester?

  •  GET STARTED EARLY!!!!!!!! Get as much done as you can so that you have a head-start on your work because it takes a while to get into a good rhythm for completing assignments and you don't want to get really behind in the beginning while you're trying to figure out when/how you're going to do your assignments each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment