Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 7 Famous Last Words

This week was pretty busy and crazy. Here's just a quick recap of the week's festivities:

  1. Had a meeting with everyone involved with my practicum for the OU School of Social Work at Calm Waters in OKC. It went really well and I feel like i'm really learning a lot. I can't believe our first divorce support group is almost over! They are only eight weeks, and I don't know how to say goodbye to the kids! 
  2. I went clubbing in OKC for the first time with my boyfriend and roommate. We went to Candy Nightclub which was pretty neat I suppose, but then we went to the grand opening of the Circus Partybar and it was SO COOL! They had a juggler, a dwarf ringmaster, gogo dancers with smoke guns, girls on giant swings, excellent music, and an overall awesome feel. We had a great time and I danced my butt off!
  3. With regards to my lap band: I am down another pant size, but I gained 5 lbs this past week and a half (I blame football season. I just can't help but love loaded french fries and chips & queso. They are my weaknesses). It's all good though, because i'm going into this next week with a healthier mindset and more options for what I can cook. Also, I found out my BMI is down 11 points since June which is wonderful!
  4. I worked a booth at the Mind, Body, & Soul Health Fair in OKC Sunday which was neat. I got to learn about available resources in OKC, meet lots of nice people, get some free health screenings and information, and even got to do some yoga! It was a good time, but the turnout was a little pitiful. Next year, the organizers really need to dedicate some time to brainstorming ways to get the word out. 
  5. I went to Andy Alligator's for the first time Saturday. My boyfriend took me on a date to go let loose and be silly. We played a round of putt-putt and each did 24 pitches at the batting cages. Personally, I was a little embarrassed at the batting cages because I have never played baseball/softball and I am not athletically gifted. My boyfriend on the other hand, was a really great baseball player before getting injured in high school. I looked a little bit like a chump but had a good time. 
Now i'm looking forward to this coming weekend because my dad is taking me to the Red River Shootout/ TX State Fair! I'm so excited!!! 

My roommate and I in our hotel room before Candy Nightclub
My photo: 10/4/14

7 comments:

  1. Hey, Bria! Sounds like a great week and it also sounds like you have another fun week to look forward to as well! I’ve never been clubbing, but my friends have told me a little bit about it and I’m glad you had fun! As for the football food- I’m so with you on that. Chips and queso are my weakness. As for Andy Alligator’s, I’ve never been there but after your post, I’m going to have to check it out sometime. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a busy and fun week! With regards to the weight, five pounds isn’t anything to get super worried about. You sound like you’re trying to be healthier this week and that’ll help with it. Great job on decreasing your BMI by 11 points in just four months! That’s awesome! That’s really quite a bit! I’ve never heard about the Mind, Body, & Soul Health Fair. Does it have many booths there? It’s a shame that it didn’t have as good of a turnout as you thought. I hope this week is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bria! Your weekend sounds like a blast! I have only been to dinner in Oklahoma City before so I don't really know what the night life is all about. It is so great to hear that you went down another pant size! I remember reading your introduction on the first week of this class, and have been rooting for you ever since! I love love love andy alligators, I think it is so much fun to just go and be a kid again! Have a blast in Dallas this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bria, I first off just want to say I love how you make a famous last words post each week and not only include details about parts of your life outside of this class but also pictures. I think that is very brave, creative, and inviting of you! I like how on this week you gave a recap by numbering it! Sounds like it must have been busy enough if you have to number it.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hey Bri! Love the post! I’ve been to Candy’s once and it was pretty awesome. I absolutely loved the raised dance floor they got and of course all the candy. I had a buddy go to the opening of Circus as well and from what I heard it was pretty insane; so jealous I didn’t get to go. Oh and congrats on the weight loss, it sounds like you are truly making a difference in you life. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bria! It sounds like you had a fun, busy week/weekend! I had not hear about the Circus Partybar before, but it sounds awesome! The things that people in the circus can do is just really talented. I always wonder how they learned to do what they do! Congratulations on your weight loss! It's really cool that you have put so much effort into having a healthier lifestyle! I have been to Andy Alligator's as well with my boyfriend to play putt-putt, and it ended up being one of my favorite dates! I hope that this coming weekend in Texas is fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bria! That seemed like a very intense and busy weekend, but yet lots of fun. I've never heard about the Circus PartyBar but I have heard about Candy. I've never been to an official club. I'm glad you had fun. Congrats on dropping another pant size! That's so awesome and I admire your dedication to losing weight. I've never played golf or putt-putt either! I have a pretty boring life. Haha. I'm so glad you had a good weekend though. Hopefully OU/TX weekend this past weekend was fun.

    ReplyDelete