Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 6: Famous Last Words

This week was both difficult and enjoyable. I was very sick for a few days; I even missed my lap band check-in appointment (though i'm ecstatic to report that I am officially down 51.2 lbs since June 26th)! I got behind in my assignments and readings and I am now struggling to catch up. However, I did get to spend some quality time with my roommate this week. We hung out a lot: we took the dog to the dog park at our apartment complex, we went to lunch at Chili's, we went Halloween costume shopping, we had a lot of long talks (silly and serious), and we had a few girls' nights where we just relaxed at home and watched trashy animated television (King of the Hill).
Then, my boyfriend and I had a lovely date night. We went to the OU Hockey game and cheered on our Sooners as they annihilated the Arkansas Razorbacks 9 to 2. It was chilly and there were more Razorbacks fans than Sooners fans, but I had a great time and afterward we got some new shisha and went home to enjoy some hookah.

I also got to spend some time at Lake Hefner a few mornings this week which is always welcomed. Spending my morning on the water with the peaceful sounds and the illusion of being distant from the city really helps me center myself, get my thoughts in order, and get into a positive mindset. It just helps me start my day off right!

My photos from my mornings at Lake Hefner in OKC
Made using PicMonkey

Now, i'm really trying to put in work so I can start October off right! I'm hoping to get ahead and comfortable this week so I can really focus on my practicum work (I'm going to participate in an agency fair Oct. 5th which will be a great networking opportunity). I know it will be a tough week, but I feel pretty prepared. I have a to-do list from hell and a supply of energy shots to get me through it. Plus, Wednesday is yoga day and I found out today that my dad was given 2 tickets to the Red River Shootout from a friend who can't go, so i'm going to get to go with him!!! I'm so excited!!!

Good luck this week y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. At least you got to recharge with some you-time (and what's better than trashy animated TV? lol). That lake looks beautiful! I'm jealous. I feel like I haven't been anywhere besides apartment, work, and school in forever. I miss nature.

    I'm sort of in a similar place with my schoolwork. I've been letting stuff slide the last week or so, but I really need to get everything squared away so I can seriously start work on my honors thesis, as well as two major papers for other classes. It seems like we haven't been in school that long, but there's really only two months left before dead week and finals! Good luck in all your classes.

    ReplyDelete